80 years of history
Newsweek is a premier news magazine and website, bringing high-quality journalism to readers around the globe for over 80 years. Newsweek provides the latest news, in-depth analysis and ideas about international issues, technology, business, culture and politics.
In addition to its online and mobile presence, Newsweek publishes weekly English print editions in the United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia.
Seven decades of firsts
- 1933 Newsweek’s first publication
- 1956 Newsweek introduces the first business column from a newsweekly
- 1972 breaks the gender barrier by introducing the first woman to write a regular column
- 1986 introduces the first foreign language edition of any US Magazine in Japan
- 2002 first newsmagazine to win the top three publishing awards in the same year top honors form the National Magazine Awards, Overseas Press Club and White House Correspondents Association
Newsweek holds more prestigious National Magazine Awards, given by the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME), than any other newsweekly.
Since 2001, Newsweek.com has been honored repeatedly for its coverage of politics, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, global and homeland security and health and business coverage. In 2006 and 2007, it was honored as a National Magazine Award finalist. In 2007, it was nominated for an Emmy Award.
In 2004 Newsweek won Relaunch of the Year by Media Industry Newsletter and during 2015 Newsweek won seven photography and illustration awards.
Three editions of Newsweek
US: USA, Canada.
EMEA: Albania, Abu Dhabi, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dubai, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK.
ASIA: Hong Kong, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia.
Premium audience filled with young executives, thought leaders, and highly affluent consumers who are grad school educated.
- 15MM+ Global Unique Visitors
- 10MM+ U.S. Unique Visitors
- 400K+ Tablet Distribution
- 2.5MM+ Twitter Followers
- 670K+ Facebook Likes